POLINI THOR 200 EVO
Polini THOR 200 EVO engine grants many improvements thanks to the new following features:
• New transfers and exhaust diagrams
• New head drawing with embedding in the cylinder
• New crankshaft with filling inserts
• New cooling shroud
• Modification for the Walbro carburetor
All these mechanical improvements concretize in advanced technology, better performance, and extraordinary weight/power ratio and above it is possible to exploit all the engine power.
The cooling has been improved after a careful inspection of the air flows for the engine cooling and thanks to the new cooling shroud which keeps the operating temperatures under 10-15% (in standard conditions) increasing the engine reliability.
Two are two models of carburetors available, with bowl or Walbro carburetor.
– Bowl carburetor proved to be really performing with a constant power output at all rpm, contained temperatures and reduced consumptions. Furthermore it features a torque increase and a wider engine range. Now the engine reaches 8000-8200 rpm. (It is recommended the use of a propeller with more pitch to better exploit the engine trust that the new Thor 200 EVO offers)
– for Walbro carburetor the opening of the throttle valve has been limited: this has allowed a torque increase and a smoother power output. The maximum engine range is 7400-7500 rpm and it can be reached faster compared to the previous Thor 200 model. It is not necessary to use a different propeller.
THOR 200 EVO is an advanced engine that can use two different fuel systems: d.28 PWK model carburetor or WB37 WALBRO carburetor.
The centrifugal clutch has been studied to grant the best safety features during all the stages: starting, take off, flight and landing.
It is equipped with a balancing countershaft which cancels any vibration granting more comfort and longer last of the engine when flying.
THOR 200 EVO engine is provided with the new Polini manual “Flash Starter”, really easy to start. A version with electric starter is also available.
SPECIFIC POWER UNIT
The cylinder is cast in light alloy and its liner has a nickel-chrome coating for the best piston sliding. The piston is gravity die-cast in light alloy at high silicon content with 2 special chromed and nitride steel rings. The design of the top of the piston optimizes the compression ratio.
Crankshaft with filling inserts to increase the primary compression ratio and grant a better mixture flow.
The exhaust system is completely hand made for a better product quality. Compact design and contained dimensions. The reduced overall dimensions improve the aerodynamic and grant a low noise level.
For an easier assembly the frame-engine fixing points of the Polini Thor 200 EVO are exactly the same as the other engines: Thor 80, Thor 130, Thor 190 and Thor 250. This feature makes the Thor engine interchangeable on all the compatible frames.
THOR 200 EVO engine features many other technical solutions and safety characteristics. System with closed circuit for the fuel collection during its transportation (only for models equipped with PWK model carburetor). Prearrangement for 12V exit for future electric devices. Very low propeller overturning torque granted by the counterturning masses.
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
It is important to underline that all these improvements haven’t compromised the weight and the overall dimensions which remain exactly the same as the previous model.
It has been developed and produced following all the criteria for the handcraft products with the most modern and advanced production methods and under the supervision of highly specialized technicians who have achieved great experience, skill and creativity during the years.
|Polini Engine||2 stroke monocylinder|
|Bore for stroke||64 x 60|
|Cylinder||Aluminum with Gilnisil coating|
|Piston||Two chromium plated rings mm 1|
|Intake||Reed vale in the crankcase|
|Carburetor||Walbro / Polini Float Ø28|
|Air filter||Air box|
|Ignition||Electronic with battery charger possible|
|Battery charger prearrangement||Output power 80 W at 5500 RPM|
|Spark plug hood||5k Ω resistance|
|Fuel type||Lead free petrol with 2% synthetic oil|
|Gear reduction unit||Helical teeth in oil bath with 2,8 reduction ratio|
|Starting||Pull start with self winding cable Flash Starter – Electric starter (optional)|
|Clutch||Centrifugal in oil bath|
|Muffler||Expansion with oval silencer|
|Engine weight||17,5 Kg (18,5 with electric starter)|
100% Made in Italy
- 928.000.030 – Ø28 carburetor Pull start FLASH STARTER – Public price euro 2.530,00+VAT
- 928.000.031 – Ø28 carburetor ELECTRIC STARTER + FLASH STARTER – Public price euro 2.830,00+VAT
- 928.000.032 – Walbro WB37 carburetor Pull start FLASH STARTER – Public price euro 2.500,00+VAT
- 928.000.033 – Walbro WB37 carburetor ELECTRIC STARTER + FLASH STARTER – Public price euro 2.820,00+VAT